25 new files on Netaji declassified today

Union Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma declassified the 25 new files in New Delhi on April 29, 2016.

Indian government today released third set of 25 files related to freedom struggle here Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.

Culture & Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma released the files at a programme in the National Archives.

The minister said the government would build a magnificent memorial in the honour of Netaji in the National Capital.

He also said, the release of these files will further meet the continued public demand to access these files and this will also facilitate scholars to carry out further research on the freedom movement hero.

In October last year, Mr Modi had met the family members of Netaji and announced that the government will declassify the files relating to the leader whose disappearance 70 years ago remains a mystery.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi had released 100 files on 23rd January this year on the 119th birth anniversary of Netaji. It was followed by release of 50 new files by tourism minister Mahesh Sharma.

While two commissions of inquiry had concluded that Netaji had died in a plane crash in Taipei on August, 1945 and a third probe panel, headed by Justice MK Mukherjee, had contested it and suggested that Bose was alive.

Follow Meri Sarkar
%d bloggers like this: