Dassault Reliance Aerospace Ltd (DRAL) on Monday resumed operations at its Mihan special economic zone (SEZ) in Nagpur in Maharashtra. It is in line with the government’s plan to lift the nationwide lockdown in a phased manner, said the company in a statement.
In the first phase, the company will operate with 25-30 per cent of its total strength which will be scaled up in future as per the directives of the district administration and local authorities.
The company said it will take all COVID-19 related precautions to ensure the safety of its employees.
“All precautionary measures have been taken to ensure safe working environment under the prevailing circumstances,” DRAL said in a statement.
The government has allowed lifting of the nationwide lockdown in a phased manner since April 20. It released guidelines for some sectors that can resume activities, while taking all necessary steps to curb the spread of Coronavirus.
READ: Coronavirus: India developing 30 vaccines for Covid-19, some entered trial stage: PMO
Dassault Reliance Aerospace supplies aero structure assemblies for Falcon 2000 business jets and components for Rafale aircraft, as part of the global supply chain for Dassault Aviation.
READ: Covid-19 Live Updates: India rescues 195 more citizens from Coronavirus-hit Iran
India is in the process of acquiring 36 Rafale fighter jets in fly-away conditions in a government to government deal. The deal was signed in 2016 to meet the urgent operational requirements of Indian Air Force (IAF).
Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure Ltd holds 51 per cent stake in DRAL, a joint venture with Rafale fighter jet manufacturer Dassault Aviation which owns the remaining 49 per cent.
READ: India-France sign deal for 36 Rafale fighters for 7.8 billion euros
Meri Sarkar (www.merisarkar.com), India’s leading citizen centric platform that aims to connect citizens with public authorities to bring transparency and accountability in governance, is available on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.